(Sep 13, 2016 - Minneapolis, MN)
Fishing League Worldwide (FLW), the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization, announced today the 2017 Costa FLW Series schedule, which will consist of three events in each of the five divisions – Central, Northern, Southeastern, Southwestern and Western – along with the no-entry-fee Costa FLW Series Championship to be held on Kentucky Lake in Paris, Tennessee.
The top 40 pros and co-anglers in the final point standings in each division after three qualifying tournaments will advance to the 2017 Costa FLW Series Championship, provided they fished all three qualifiers in a division.
The highest finishing pro from each of the five Costa FLW Series divisions based on final results at the 2017 Costa FLW Series Championship qualify for the Forrest Wood Cup along with the highest finishing pro from the championship’s international division and the top five overall finishers who have not already qualified as their division representative for a total of 11 Costa FLW Series pros advancing to the 2018 Forrest Wood Cup, the world championship of bass fishing.
Complete rules and entry dates will be announced soon.
2017 Costa FLW Series Season Schedule:
• March 30-April 1 Lake Dardanelle Russellville, Ark.
• June 8-10 Kentucky Lake Gilbertsville, Ky.
• Oct. 12-14 Lake of the Ozarks Osage Beach, Mo.
• June 22-24 Lake Champlain Plattsburgh, N.Y.
• July 27-29 1000 Islands Clayton, N.Y.
• Aug. 24-26 Potomac River Marbury, Md.
• Jan. 26-28 Lake Okeechobee Clewiston, Fla.
• March 2-4 Lake Seminole Bainbridge, Ga.
• May 4-6 Lake Chickamauga Dayton, Tenn.
• Feb. 23-25 Sam Rayburn Reservoir Brookeland, Texas
• April 20-22 Grand Lake Grove, Okla.
• Sept. 21-23 Lake Texoma Pottsboro, Texas
• Feb. 9-11 Lake Havasu Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
• May 11-13 California Delta Bethel Island, Calif.
• Sept. 28-30 Clear Lake Lakeport, Calif.
Costa FLW Series Championship
• Nov. 2-4 Kentucky Lake Paris, Tenn.
The full schedule and details for each fishery can be found at FLWFishing.com.
For details and updated information visit FLWFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/FLWFishing and on Twitter at Twitter.com/FLWFishing.
FLW is the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization, providing anglers of all skill levels the opportunity to compete for millions in prize money in 2016 across five tournament circuits. Headquartered in Benton, Kentucky, with offices in Minneapolis, FLW conducts more than 235 bass-fishing tournaments annually across the United States and sanctions tournaments in Canada, China, Mexico and South Korea. FLW tournament fishing can be seen on the Emmy-nominated “FLW" television show, broadcast to more than 564 million households worldwide, while FLW Bass Fishing magazine delivers cutting-edge tips from top pros.